Lynne Bassis, Esq. harmonizes the legal, business and human emotion issues such that settlement occurs.
Her style, technique, instincts and impartiality leave counsel and parties pleased with the outcome.
MEDIATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Full Time Mediator with over 20 years of experience.
- Super Lawyers (2007-2011, 2015-2017)
- Mediation Instructor (beginning and advanced training), Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Negotiation, International Academy of Mediators Seminar co-sponsored by Harvard.
- Practicing Lawyer and Litigator with 24 years of experience in both the public and private sectors. General civil, employment, municipal defense, labor, governmental tort liability, professional ethics and personal injury.
- Director & Adjunct Professor, Disability Mediation Center at Loyola Law School.
- ADR Professor: Southwestern University School of Law, University of California at Riverside, and UCLA Education Extension.
- Negotiation Trainer: United States Air Force, California State Department of Rehabilitation, United States Postal Service, Seminar for Pacific Enterprise.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Disability & Disability Access
- Government Tort Liability & Peronal Injury
- Pre-Litigation Mediation
- 2001-Present Mediator
- 1999-2001 Adjunct Professor and Director of the Disability Mediation Center at Loyola Law School
- 1989-1998 Counsel to the California Supreme Court’s State Bar Court
- 1988-1989 Litigation Attorney, Gartner & Young
- 1986-1988 Litigation Attorney, Barbosa & Vera
- 1984-1986 Trial Counsel, State Bar of California
- 1980-1984 Litigation Attorney, Legal Services
- 1977-1980 Peace Corps
- 2011 Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine Law School
- 1995 Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine Law School
- 1977 Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1974 University of California, Irvine & Berkeley, A.B. Criminology
TRAININGS CONDUCTED BY LYNNE
- Orange County Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Symposium, “How to Win at Mediation”
- National Employment Lawyers Association, “Simulated Mediation Panel Presentation”
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Basic & Advanced Mediation Training
- Southwestern University School of Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Disability Legal Rights Center, Disability Law
- American Bar Association, The Decline of the Joint Session (webinar)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, “Go Boldly Where No One Has Gone Before: How to Improve Your Mediation Outcome”
- Southern California Mediation Association, “Mediating Disability Cases”
- Ethics in Mediation – What’s That? (MCLE)
- Navigating the Minefield of Implicit Bias (MCLE)
- UCLA Extension, “Dispute Resolution Through Communication”
- UC Riverside Extension, Advanced Mediation
- Various Associations, “Tips Involving Successful Resolution of Employment Disputes”
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- LA County Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Healthcare Law Section
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles Attorneys
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- California State Bar
- Labor & Employment Executive Committee (Term: 2005-2008)
- Ethics Subcommittee, State Bar Committee on ADR (1998)
- International Academy of Mediators (Distinguished Fellow, since 1999)
- Southern California Mediation Association
- Presenter, National Guardianship Association, “Resolution Matters: Managing Conflict With Early Mediation (2007)
- Panelist, Annual State Bar Labor & Employment Conference, “Discuss It With the Mediator” (2007)
- MCLE Panelist, “Navigating Ethically in Mediations: Avoiding Those Rocks and Sandbars,” Annual State Bar Labor & Employment Conference (2006)
- Presenter, Lorman Education Seminars, “Employment Law from A to Z in California,” (March 2005)
- Presenter, The Ventura Center for Dispute Settlement “Mediating Disability Cases” (2004)
- Presenter, “The Art of Peacemaking ~ Beyond Mediation: Dealing with Difficult Cases [Seminar to Undestand Why Those Other Mediations Did Not Work] (June 2004 & May 2005)”
- Presenter, SCMA Conference, “Cutting Edge Issues in Disability Mediation” (Oct. 2004)
- Presenter, “Beyond the Basics Employment Mediation,” International Academy of Mediators (May 2003)
- Presenter, Lorman Education Services, “Disability Discrimination in California: Managing & Mediating Disability Issues in the Workplace” (Oct. 2002)
- Presenter, Employers Group Annual Law Update, “Interactive Reasonable Accommodation Process” (2001)
- Presenter, Lorman Education Services, “Ethical Responsibilities When Representing A Client in Mediation” (2001)
- Vice Chair, Executive Committee, Attorney-Client Mediation and Arbitration Services, Los Angeles County Bar Association & Chair, Mediation Subcommittee (2000-present)
- Faculty Coach, Loyola Law School, American Bar Association’s Mediation Advocacy Competition (2000)
- Presenter, Southern California Mediation Association, “Mediating Workplace/Employment Disputes” (2000)
- Presenter, Southern California Mediation Association, “A Walk Through the Landscape of Disability Issues Facing the Mediator (1999)
Download Full Bio